Why do you need a hospital bed?
Hospitals beds are not just for the sick or elderly in a hospital. They are very commonplace in home environments these days. Fully electric hospital beds are sometimes referred to as Home Care Beds too.
For temporary injuries or rehabilitation situations, we commonly rent hospital beds. These products address the challenge of getting in and out of bed or the inability to position yourself comfortably in a regular bed. The fully electric hospital beds allow you to adjust the head and foot sections as well as raising the overall height of the bed itself.
Benefits of a Hospital Bed:
Safety – Hospital Beds are often required for people with conditions that require caregiver monitoring and falls reduction. Those individuals with cognitive impairment will benefit from the use of bed rails to keep them in the bed and also allowing safety getting in and out of bed.
Better Positioning for Patients – People who spend extended periods of time in bed will face the challenge of pressure sores – sometimes referred to as bed sores. These sores are extremely dangerous and painful; they can even lead to fatalities in the worst-case scenarios.
Temporary Injury – After an accident or surgery, hospital beds greatly assist in recovery. It seems pointless to re-injure yourself or hamper your recovery when you can rent a hospital bed to keep you safe.Second floor bedrooms are common so renting a hospital bed temporarily for the first floor is a great solution.
Improving Blood Circulation – By adjusting the head and foot sections, regularly throughout the waking period, there is regular adjustment to pressure points on the body and this improves overall blood circulation.
Enhanced Mobility and Transfers – Most people are unaware hospital beds allow the caregiver to raise or lower the bed to a height that makes transferring the patient to a seated position, chair, wheelchair, or walker easier. A fully electric hospital bed makes getting in and out on ones own much easier – many have re-discovered independence they had lost previously.
Relieving Caregiver Stress – Caregivers and home care professionals are at high risk of injury. Elevating the hospital bed to a higher height makes transferring the patient easier. The raising head section of the bed allows the caregiver to move the patient to a seated position before transferring which is less work for the caregiver and helps in preventing injuries. The happier and healthier the caregiver feels, the more excited they will be to go to work and take care of their friends, family or patients. If the caregiver is in pain all day it is prolonging a serious injury, or may lead to shortcuts that cause an injury or mishap to the people they are looking after or themselves.
At a Glance
- Regular size (36” x 80”) and Plus size (4 width expansion options: 36”, 39”, 42” & 48”)
- Low height of 9.875”, high height of 25.625”
- Weight capacity: Hälsa – 375 lbs, Hälsa Plus – 500 lbs
- Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg feature comes standard
Ideal Home Care Bed
The Hälsa bed from Permobil is an electric, adjustable home care bed that comes in regular and plus sizes. The Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg feature comes standard. Additionally, it offers the capability of moving both the head and food sections simultaneously, an upgraded caster option, and easy disassembly for transportation and storage. Hälsa regular bed has removable composite deck sections for easy cleaning.
Standard features include:
- Dual posts on each side increases stability at all heights
- Low Position: 9.875” (12.125” with large caster)
- High Position: 25.625” (27.875” with large caster)
- Trendelenburg/reverse Trendelenburg
- Virtually noise free with low electrical consumption DC Linak motors
- Rolls at any height
- Hooks for incontinence bag
- 3 locking casters & 1 directional locking caster
- Side and foot mattress retainers
- Receptacle for trapeze bar
- 2 receptacles for IV holder stems
- Disassembles into 4 sections for transport/storage
- Half-side rails – interchangeable between head and foot sections
- Full side rails
- Assist Bar – interchangeable between head and foot sections
- Trapeze bar
- Nature and Wine colour Head/Footboards
- Battery backup
- Upgraded large caster option
Full Electric Bed Package with Solace Therapeutic Mattress and Half-Length Rails
Product ID: CBED23-3000
Invacare’s Home Care Bed offers a number of innovations that translate into long-term savings over the product lifecycle.
- 5411IVC Full-Electric Bed
- 6630 Reduced Gap Half Length
- SPS3080 Solace Prevention Therapeutic Mattress
- Bed Height: 15″ min. – 23″ max. (Measurement from floor to bed deck.)
- Dimensions: Dimensions Overall: 36″W x 88″L
- Sleep Surface: 36″W x 80″L
- Product Weight Capacity: 350 lbs. patient weight (450 lbs. inclusive of all accessories)
Delta™ Ultra-Light 1000, Full-Electric Bed
- The Delta 1000 is truly universal because the bed frame can be used with Drive’s and most other manufacturers’ bed ends, old and new
- The transition box mounted on the foot section is key to interchangeability
- The transition box allows you to change the rotation of the high/low shaft
- Headboard is taller than footboard to better fit home decor
- The wood grain panels are break and scratch resistant
- Foot section weighs 50% less than conventional foot sections to make deliveries safe and easy
- Once installed, the high/low shaft will stay with the bed to eliminate loss or forgetting on future installations
- Labels and color-coded springs assure accurate installation of side rails for patient safety
- Unique motor is completely self-contained to reduce weight and noise
- The motor assembly can be installed and removed with patient in bed
- Bed, side rails and mattress safety-tested by SGS, a nationally recognized testing facility Satisfies all applicable FDA entrapment guidelines
- The motor is UL approved
- In the event of a power failure, a 9 volt battery, located in the hand control, can lower the head and foot sections nine times No crank needed
- New and improved hand pendant has large, easy-to-use controls (Figure E)
- Bed ships in two cartons
- Channel frame construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Zinc-coated spring deck
- Extension kit available (model #15030EXTKIT) extends length from 80″ to 84″
- Patent Pending
- Weight Capacity 450 lbs