Power Wheelchairs at SUPERIOR Home Health Care
A (full-time) Power Wheelchair mobility solution should only be considered after an assessment for a Manual Wheelchair solution rules out that option.
This is due to an optimal goal of ambulation and/or regular physical activity. Use it or Lose it, right? That would prevent muscle atrophy and enhance blood circulation while increasing cardio (heart rate and respiration)!
Power wheelchairs do offer independence through effortless mobility for people who cannot use a manual wheelchair. They can be considered healthy solutions if they allow a person to be more active, both in the home or out in the community, or prevent a sedentary lifestyle without one. Pain reduction and increased socialization are also indicators of power wheelchair appropriateness.
In the Province of Ontario, we often work with a client’s Occupational Therapist (OTs) to decide on the clinically optimal wheelchair and the seating and positioning components that accompany the wheelchair. OTs are referred to as prescribers often as they lead the client’s medical assessment and make recommendations and assist with funding applications (when required).
SUPERIOR Home Health Care locations in Barrie and Thunder Bay are Registered Vendors with Assistive Devices Program (ADP). The ADP is a program operated by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care that provides support and funding to Ontario residents who have long-term physical disabilities. The ADP may contribute to covering the costs of mobility devices such as manual and power wheelchairs, seating and positioning, rollators and scooters.
For more information on ADP, please refer to the ADP website – http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/adp
Whatever your specific Wheelchair requirements are, SUPERIOR Home Health Care is there for you, and will help you make the right choice!
SUPERIOR Home Health Care has access to most Power Wheelchair Suppliers and over one hundred Power Wheelchair models. The products below represent the most popular models we provide to our clients. If you don’t see a model listed, please call your local SUPERIOR Home Health Care location to see if we can access and supply it to you.
Traveling has never been easier or more enjoyable with the Jazzy® Passport. This compact power chair folds in just a few simple steps.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Back seat pocket and under seat mesh storage bag provide extra storage
- Folds easily in just a few steps
- Includes a mesh cup holder for holding beverages and 40” lap belt
- A large foot platform provides ample foot room
- Specialty foam seat design ensures greater comfort
- Now available with an air safe travel battery*
*Check with your airline before flyingLearn More
It’s number one for portability! The Go Chair offers feather-touch disassembly, so you can easily transport and store this power chair.
- 300-lb. weight capacity
- Convenient under seat storage
- Feather-touch disassembly allows for easy disassembling into five pieces
- Choose from six colors
- The heaviest piece is only 36 lbs.
- 18″ x 17″, 5-point swivel seat with latch release
- Drive at speeds up to 3.7 mph
- 18-amp batteries
- Compact turning radius of 25.4 inches
- Height and width adjustable armrests and a large footplate
- 60″ lap belt
▪ Standard 6 mph motors offer advanced performance, precise control and responsiveness via innovative singlestage gearbox
▪ Bold aesthetics
▪ iLevel® option available with up to 10” of seat elevation (in 16 seconds) at walking speed (up to 3.5 mph)
▪ iLevel is retrofittable on the Q6 Edge® 2.0
▪ Compact mid-wheel drive base for enhanced maneuverability and access
▪ ATX Suspension for optimum ride and enhanced obstacle climbing
▪ Wide range of standard and rehab seating systems to meet any user’s needs
▪ Low impact OMNI-Casters (nylon, spherical-shaped casters) on front and rear prevent wheel hang-upsLearn More